jmenge

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Modification conflicts after changing the display name #3253
    jmenge
    Participant

    To specify my question:
    Is there a way to change the display name of all contacts in Cardbook without enforcing a sync with Google contacts?
    By the way I did not find a way to specify the display name in Google contacts. But that’s not important for me.
    I found it a good idea to specify the dsiplay name by ordering the attributes as part of a formula.
    It would be ideal if I could define an empty card book, than define the display name for the cardbook and finally import or sync the contacts from Google contacts.

    in reply to: Modification conflicts after changing the display name #3252
    jmenge
    Participant

    I still cannot change the display name for all the contacts. When I recreate the cardbook from scratch the contacts will be imported immediately with the wrong display name. If I modify the display name by “Generate Display Names” the display name will be changed locally but all the changed contacts appear in bold and only some of them will by synced back to the server.
    Is there a way to set the display name before the contacts will be imported?
    Regards Juergen

    in reply to: Modification conflicts after changing the display name #3251
    jmenge
    Participant

    Now I have elevated the maximum number of syncs and it looks much better. Also there are no new alert messages so far.

    in reply to: To the user “xtrailrunner” #3249
    jmenge
    Participant

    Thanks. I accidentally had a typo in the mail adress: I could register with the correct adress.

    in reply to: Sync der Kontakte mit Google – Labels #3246
    jmenge
    Participant

    Hi,
    now I found the reason for the problem.

    In my first attempt I have only used the username without the domain (gmail.com). The next steps were succesful and the labels were imported. Only the contacts could not be imported.
    In the log file I found the following error message:
    “debug mode : response text : (new String(“Cannot request contacts belonging to another domain (xtrailrunner).”))

    After that first attempt I removed the cardbook and recreated it with the fully qualified user name (xtrailrunner@gmail.com). Again the lables were imported. But this time also the contacts were imported and categorized correctly.

    Regards Juergen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)