The CardBook data from version 41.5 disappears

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum The CardBook data from version 41.5 disappears

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by CardBook CardBook 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    WupperJunge
    Participant

Hi,

I migrated from Thunderbird Ver. 60.8.0 (CardBook 37.5) to Thunderbird Ver. 68 (CardBook 41.5) but all existing addressbooks were gone.

I can create a new address book [under Ver. 68 (CardBook 41.5)] with data, but when I close Thunderbird, the address book is gone.

Any ideas?

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

I’ve got some messages like yours… will investigate…

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce, when you restart Thunderbird, have you got errors in the console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) ?

WupperJunge
    Participant

I’m sorry for the double posting:

Yes there is an error message

SecurityError: The operation is insecure. cardbookIndexedDB.js:30
        openDB chrome://cardbook/content/cardbookIndexedDB.js:30
        notify chrome://cardbook/content/ovl_init.js:180

WupperJunge
    Participant

And there are many warnings:

Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'style'. chrome.manifest:51
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'style'. chrome.manifest:52
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'style'. chrome.manifest:53
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'style'. chrome.manifest:54
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:57
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:58
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:61
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:62
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:63
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:64
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:67
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:70
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:73
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:76
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:79
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:82
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:85
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:88
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:91
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:94
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:97
    Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:100

If I click an “chrome.manifest:51” I see a note in the area “support for customizing toolbars”

style    chrome://global/content/customizeToolbar.xul chrome://cardbook-os/skin/mainToolbarButton.css        appversion<59.0a1

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

may I email you a test version ?

WupperJunge
      Participant

That would be interesting. I will create a virtual machine with a 1:1-copy of my Windows10-machine – then the test is easier.

marcel
    Participant

Hi,

I updated to Thunderbird 68 as well. The problem is the same, CardBook looks empty. But, if you have a look at the settings -> birthdays you will see your address books there. So it seems that the data itself is somewhere.

Even when you try to add the address books again, they will appear twice in settings -> birthdays.

I hope that helps fixing the problem.

Ragrds,

Marcel

(Tested on Windows and macOS with Thunderbird upgraded to 68 and CardBook 41.5)

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.