Synchronization question

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Synchronization question

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      billh
      Participant

I am using CardBook with Google contacts.  Earlier I created a new contact on Google Contacts.  About 10 minutes later I checked CardBook and the new contact was there.  I do not have the box checked to synchronize on changes.  I do have the box checked to synchronize on Thunderbird startup, but I didn’t start up Thunderbird… it was already up.

Does CardBook automatically synchronize every so often?  I thought I had to click on the Synchronize button.

Thanks,

Bill

CardBook
      Keymaster

it’s surely because you have the sync after changes option checked

billh
      Participant

I definetly do not have that option checked.  Here is a screen shot of that portion of the preferences.

Bill

billh
      Participant

After posting the screen shot I ran another test.  I added two contacts to my Google Contacts.  Thunderbird was already running.  I made no changes to anything else.  I did not initiate a sync in CardBook.  I left the CardBook tab showing.  About an hour or so after adding the new contacts in Google Contacts, they appeared in CardBook.

Bill

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by billh.
      • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by billh.
      billh
      Participant

Today I tried the opposite.  In CardBook, I deleted one of the two contact that I mentioned in my last reply.  Then I went to bed.  When I woke up today, that contact had been deleted from Google Contacts.  I did not restart Thunderbird or click on Synchronize.  So it looks like it is syncing both ways without my telling it to do so.

Bill

CardBook
      Keymaster

sorry for the delay and for my wrong answer (I’ve misunderstood)…

may you edit your address book (right click on it, then second entry)… have you got anything on the sync tab ?

billh
      Participant

Don’t I feel embarrassed.  😳

I had forgotten about these settings.  I do have it set to do a sync every 60 minutes.  So… no problems other than my memory.

Bill

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by billh.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.