Synchronise with google contacts?

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Synchronise with google contacts?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      NadNad
      Participant

Hi all,

I am discovering this great extension, it’d been so long since I’d been complaining about the native TB address book!

anyways, new to the extension, newbie question : is is possible to synchronize Cardbook with google contacts? Either by connecting to Gmail or google account, or through my Android phone, or any other solution ? If so, how ?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Nad

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

yes it’s possible : Add New Address Book, then remote, then Google…

but Google has limitations in its CardDAV API : categories removed,  list synchronized but not correctly displayed in a web browser…

I strongly recommend to host your contacts on a free NextCloud instance (there are plenty on the web, mine is here for example : http://www.zaclys.com)

NadNad
      Participant

Great! thank you!

I’d love to go to NextCloud, but I do use that google account and I need to have it synchronized; so hosting to a cloud server in order for it to synchronize to Google… I’ll be better off just synchronizing google from Cardbook right?

thanks again for the rapid answer!

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

yes… if you need your contacts to be on Google, keep them there :O)

NadNad
      Participant

yes :-)))

I’ve got to say I like to complexifie things : 3 e-mail accounts, one of which is a google one, I use TB, but also sometimes Gmail, and on my phone I use Bluemail and I want to be able to access pro contacts, and separate them from personal… “BREF”, anyways, thank you so much for your help with this extension!! (maybe someday I’ll take the time to see how to simplify all this!)

Best,

Nad

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

I access my Nextcloud contacts (splitted into 4 address books) also from my phone (with Carddavsync free or davdroid)… good CardBook learning :O)

NadNad
      Participant

ok good to know. thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.