still shows “locally modified: 1” after sync

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum still shows “locally modified: 1” after sync

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      billh
      Participant

I made a change to a contact in Cardbook.  The status bar showed “locally modified: 1”.  I did a sync.  The updated contact was successfully synced to my Google contacts.  However, the status bar still shows “locally modified: 1”.  When I look through my contacts there are none that are bolded.  The number of contacts in Google matches the number in Cardbook.  Closing and re-opening the Cardbook tab made no difference.  Closing and re-opening Thunderbird did get rid of the “locally modified: 1” status.

I am on Thunderbird 78.10.1 and Cardbook 58.

I don’t remember having to to that in the past.

Thanks,

Bill

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by billh.
      CardBook
      Keymaster

Hi Bill

yes I’ve just found this… working on this…

Philippe

CardBook
      Keymaster

solution here : https://gitlab.com/CardBook/CardBook/-/issues/1243

but you will have to recreate your Google address book in CardBook

billh
      Participant

Hi Philippe.

I noticed the heading of the issue in GitLab, Some contacts can’t be synced.  Could you describe the issue a bit for me.  I was able to sync, but the status didn’t change.

I also was wondering if I should be posting my questions/bugs on GitLab rather than in the forum.

Bill

CardBook
      Keymaster

this version corrects various issues with the new Google address book : one fix in one case for dates, one fix for photo and one for the sync (I’ve badly chosen my key for sync)… and the case happens when you create concurrently two new contacts…

so better update 🙂

CardBook
      Keymaster

and it’s equal if you post on GitLab or on the forum 😉

billh
      Participant

Interesting… I had only created one new contact.  This was an accident on my part so I deleted it and updated one existing contact and then did the sync.

In any case, I did update to 58.8 and the status seems to be changing correctly after a sync.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Bill

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.