Some contact groups not auto-suggested

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Some contact groups not auto-suggested

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      alexander.mueller
      Participant

Hello, since about a week I have the problem that some contact groups are not automatically suggested when I compose an e-mail. With some other groups it still works.

The log did not show any errors.

Thunderbird 78.10 on Windows 10 (up-to-date), with latest cardbook (it is auto-updated).

Yours

Alex

CardBook
      Keymaster

Hi Alex

there was a bug in previous CardBook versions that avoid the popularities for groups to be updated… Thus the groups went down in the autocompletion suggestion box… To the work around is manual and you have to edit the group to increase its popularity. To proceed, in CardBook tab double click on the group

Philippe

alexander.mueller
      Participant

Thank you Philippe for your quick reply.

I double-clicked the group in Cardbook and clicked save. The problem still persists.

I tried to increase popularity from 0 to 10 and saved. The problem still persists.

Note that the problem is not that the group name went down in autocomplete suggestion box, but that the group name is not there at all. This is only the case for some groups, others are still there, are suggested first, and work fine.

alexander.mueller
      Participant

also, I read in another thread that Cardbook does not support Thunderbird 78? Should I rather use it with Thunderbird 68?

alexander.mueller
      Participant

I just deleted the adressbook and connected it again (to a Nextcloud).

Problem still persists.

Could it be a problem in Nextcloud? There was no change in Nextcloud configuration, but there was a new version of CardBook, so I think the problem is in CardBook. On another machine I have Thunderbird 68.10.0 (64-Bit) with CardBook 46.6. connected to the same addressbook, and everything works fine.

Should I try to downgrade the machine with the problem to Thunderbird 68?

CardBook
      Keymaster

increase the popularity to 1000 (in next CardBook version, it will be much easier to display the popularity 😉

CardBook supports Thunderbird 78 (CardBook does not yet support Thunderbird 91)

alexander.mueller
      Participant

Thank you, that worked!

But…. now I have to do that for every machine for every profile =(

It would be nice if in the future, contact groups could always have a higher popularity than individual contacts.

CardBook
      Keymaster

it’s not easy as some user prefer to show the contacts first… if you use more categories, then with time, their popularity will be higher than the contacts ones and they will be suggested first…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.