Problems adding telefone numbers later

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Problems adding telefone numbers later

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hans
      Participant
      Cardbook v 60.2
      Thunderbird 78.11.0
      Windows 10 Home

I had set up a contact in CardBook, including 2 telefone numbers, 1 x business, 1 x mobile. Later I tried to add a third telefone number. This was successful during this process only until pressing the save button. The moment I pressed save, the contact was back to its initial two telefone numbers.

I could insert the third telefone number, choosing any category (private, business, ..) and press save. But looking a the entry immediately afterwards the newly added number was missing again. I sucessfully added the telefone number directly at the server, CardBook is regularly syncing. Then I started the syncing process at CardBook.

Result: The third number is still missing in CardBook, while it persists being visible on the server, checking with the server’s webinterface.

Chris
      Keymaster

Can’t confirm this – same TB and CB versions.

I have contacts with 10 numbers and can still add more.

What is your server exactly?

Chris

CardBook
      Keymaster

yes right, surely linked to your server…

Hans
      Participant

The server runs the  Turba H5 (4.2.21) extension auf Horde Groupware.

The problem indeed seems to occure in the syncing interaction between the server and CardBook. Both of them separately solve the adding of the telefone number perfectly. But in the moment, I allow syncing, the new telefone number is deleted in CardBook, despite the entry was newer than the one on the server.

On the other side, I can successfully make the adding of the telefone number directly with the webinterface on the server. The adding of the number is accepted and it persists even after syncing. But this does not affect the entry in CardBook.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Hans.
      CardBook
      Keymaster

set the debug mode in CardBook preferences, first pane, at the bottom (and also increase the log size to 50000). Then create a new contact “test” with 3 phone numbers and send me the CardBook log once the sync is finished (cardbook (at) cardbook.icu)

for the CardBook log, click on the text “Number of contacts: xxx”

Hans
      Participant

Hi Keymaster

I now have sent You the relevant part of the log-file by email

best regards

Hans

PS: —–  To add on:     I tried the same action successfully with my smartphone’s contacts app. So it seems to be a special thing between the server and my CardBook

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.