Performance issue

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Performance issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Thunderbird freezes for 5 minutes after selecting all contacts in a 600 strong address book with CTRL-A. One of my 4 CPUs maxes out. A 150 strong book freezes 20 seconds.

Starting TB with Cardbook takes 80 secs for the CPU load to get back to normal and consumes 300MB. Starting TB without CardBook takes 15 secs and 230 MB.

TB terminal messages look fine.

Some Praise: CardBook is simply the BEST address book and should be made the TB default. It has a great UI, is VCARD compliant and very well thought through. It connects for me to NextCloud very reliably, while Sogo chokes all the time, great work! Let me know how I can help trouble shoot the performance.

TB 52.2.1 (64-bit), Ubuntu 17.04, 4 of 8GB free RAM,
      CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz × 4

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by AvatarChristiann.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by AvatarChristiann.
      CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

which CardBook version ?

the worst case is when you make CTRL+A and you sync… CardBook keeps the contacts selected and this has a high cost, but it not in the proportion you mentionned…

starting Thunderbird should be smooth with 600 contacts…

Participant

With all AddOns disabled on CardBook 21.1. :

1. Starting TB with 1600 contacts in 5 AB takes 80 secs until the CPU load is back to normal. Message on the bottom is “loaded This Person from Cache (IndexDB)”
        Starting TB with CardBook disabled takes 15 seconds.
      2. Selecting 600 contacts in one AB freezes TB for 5 minutes.

I can live with the added startup time. But when I accidentally hit CTRL-A then I need to brew a coffee… Is there a log file that I can send you?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by AvatarChristiann.
      CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

set the debug mode and increase the log size (20000) in CardBook prefs, restart Thunderbird, and send me (cardbook.thunderbird@gmail.com) the CardBook log (for it in the CardBook tab, click on the text at the bottom right)

Participant

Having the same / a similar issue. With me (TB 52.3.0, 32-Bit) the issue depends on (de)activating the addon, but is much less present if I switch off automatic sync at launch of TB as well as periodic sync).

Did you check the log and find the reason for the CPU problem?

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

In CardBook preferences, first tab, check “Unique source for contacts”, if this is not enough, in Thunderbird preferences, Display tab, then Advanced tab, uncheck “Show only display name for people in my address book”.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.