'organization' field causes problems

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum 'organization' field causes problems

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by CardBook CardBook 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

freedrive
    Participant

If I create a new address book entry in carddave, and add data into the ‘organization’ field, 2 bad things happen.

1. The data in the organization field is automatically appended to the display name.
    2. Upon trying to synchronize, sync never finishes.

Note that if I create a new address book entry from the server side, I can correctly enter info into the organization block, it synchronizes correctly via cardbook, and it appears correctly in cardbook.

I’m using https://contacts.zoho.com

Thanks

freedrive
    Participant

Correction, in the first sentence, ‘carddave’ should be ‘cardbook’

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

1/ edit your address book properties, third tab

2/ restart Thunderbird, have you got errors in the console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) ?… have you got errors in the CardBook log ?

freedrive
    Participant

I’m not sure what you mean in #1, “edit your address book properties, third tab”.

By address book properties, do you mean cardbook preferences? By third tab, do you mean “types”?

If so, is there a particular type you’d like me to add or delete or edit?

Thanks.

freedrive
    Participant

UPDATE:

Very strange. On a long shot, I disabled a handful of other extensions (non of which have to do with addresses/contacts), and now cannot recreate the above problem. I re-enabled the extensions, and still, unable to recreate the above problem.

That said, when the cardbook tab is shown, I’m seeing thunderbird at the top of cpu usage, at 2-5% (on a static system).  If I disable carbook, cpu usage drops to well below 1%.

So for now, I can’t recreate the original problem, and am seeing a odd cpu usage.

I’ll gather more info if I can and create some repeatable cases.

Overall, I really like this add-on, but it’s a bit unreliable for me right now.

Thanks!

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

1/ for address book properties, right click on your address book (contextual menu, different from the CardBook preferences)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.