[Solved] New install; all commands disabled

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum [Solved] New install; all commands disabled

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      psychonaut
      Participant

I just did a fresh install of CardBook 16.7 on Thunderbird 45.7.0.  I restarted, invoked Tools->CardBook, and went through the first-time setup wizard.  I chose not to import any existing address books, and I specified a valid directory to store my local address book.  Now in the CardBook tab, all the buttons are disabled.  All the commands in the context menus for the Address Books and Contacts panes are also disabled. It seems there is no way for me to get started with CardBook; I can’t even add a new address book.  Is there something I have done wrong?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by psychonaut.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by CardBook.
      psychonaut
      Participant

OK, I just restarted Thunderbird, and now things to be working as expected—the “Preferences” button is enabled, and the “Add address book” command is enabled in the context menu of the Address Books pane.

Is a restart always required after going through the setup wizard?  If so, perhaps the setup wizard should offer to perform the reset itself, or remind the user to do so.  If not, then maybe this is a bug in CardBook.

Chris
      Keymaster

I don’t remember my initial install – but the AddOn-Site has a little orange box, quite prominently on top of the page, which says “requires restart”.

I agree that the installer should remind the user to do that – or offer an option for immediate restart (for those who want that).

Chris

psychonaut
      Participant

Thanks, but I’m not talking about restarting after the install.  The installer does already prompt for a restart, and I did restart after installing.  I’m talking about restarting once again, after running the setup wizard.

CardBook
      Keymaster

ok this will be fixed in version 16.9

CardBook
      Keymaster

This should be corrected in the new version 17.0

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.