[Solved] Mystery category created across all books

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum [Solved] Mystery category created across all books

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Magic happens: A new category has been added to all of my 10 books. It is a category that I had previously used. I can neither delete the category, nor add it to any contacts. Changing the name of the category in one book changes the name across all books (this could actually be a useful feature).

When I add a new local book the category is not there. It is also not there when I drag a contact from a different book. But the very moment I add a new contact, then the mystery category appears.

The mystery category cannot be added to a new contact. But it disappears when I delete the new contact. Magic happens!

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZH41H7Z5pykElzi1QmhiD86Ubm1tSxufB8y

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by AvatarChristiann.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by CardBookCardBook.
      CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

this is normal : this category is made for uncategorized contacts… it happens when there are contacts without categories… in your case, rename it to “Uncategorized” (or something similar)

Participant

Thank you for your lightning fast reply. I must have renamed the “Uncategorized” category by accident.

Can I create a second “special” category with these cross-book properties? I think this could be useful, for example as a mailing list.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by AvatarChristiann.
      CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

not as in Thunderbird standard address books, mailing lists in Cardbook may not be cross-address book… so not possible

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.