Issue with self-signed ssl-certificate in Thunderbird 68.3.1

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Issue with self-signed ssl-certificate in Thunderbird 68.3.1

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello!

I have installed cardbook on thinderbird 68.3.1 and have tried to connect to a my nextcloud carddav server with self-signed ssl-certificate. But I couldn`t do this, because your plugin doesn’t work correctly and doesn’t ask me about confirmation my self-signed certificate, how it did in lower version of thunderbird. Doesn’t work and self-facilitated addition my self-signed ssl-certificate in thunderbird over options. In lower version of thunderbird your plugin is worked fine and asks me to add my self-signed ssl-certificate and passes validation in Cardbook. Can you rectify this trouble of your plugin?

ChrisChris
      Keymaster

I have no idea how your plan could be achieved, but frankly – with the availibilty of Letsencrypt – who needs a self-signed certificate anyways?

My Nextcloud runs with a Letsencrypt certificate, never had any issues.

Cheers
      Chris

Participant

I think, you should rectify your own plugin Cardbook and include an opportunity of using a self-signed certificate in Cardbook. Apple, Microsoft does. Cardbook did <span class=”Apple-style-span”>earlier on too. Today you speak ‘No’. I don’t want to use letsencrypt and so on. I use my server in my internal network. I don’t open my server in Internet. Only from vpn. For what Should I use letsencrypt and so on? A lot of sysadmins think as well.</span>

ChrisChris
      Keymaster

Sorry for eventual misunderstanding – this is not my plugin 😀

I’m just a happy user 😉

Could it be that Thunderbird is at fault here and not the cardbook plugin, since you said it worked in older TB versions?

Participant

Thank you for advice 😀

Cardbook works in older version with a self-signed certificate perfectly.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.