Inporting Thunderbird Address book into cardbook

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Inporting Thunderbird Address book into cardbook

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have cardbook installed. Probably a long time ago and either the address book was empty or I didn’t import it. Anyway I’m now trying to use it as I need remote synching.

I have cardbook which is empty. I want to import the thunderbird address book content. I can’t find an option to do this manually and uninstalling and reinstalling cardbook doesn’t seem to trigger any address book creation and import actions.

Can anyone explain what I need to do? Thanks.

Once this is set up how does the auto harvest of sent emails work with cardbook  (if at all) as the integration into TB part of the documentation doesn’t have anything unfortunately.

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster
        Participant

Thanks for the ref. That wasn’t the problem, I couldn’t actually find any screens looking like this and the reinstalls didn’t automatically take me through an import as the docs suggest, so I assumed something was broken.

However it made me look for about the 15th time and I finally twigged that the left top corner box of the cardbook tab was a hamburger menu button. et voila.

I’m slightly old school so suffer from the “it’s not always obvious, despite what the designer might think”  when it comes to interfaces. While I’m happy to prod and poke I find it much easier with comprehensive docs. but I know that’s hard when people are spending their time making the software bullet proof.

thanks again. I’m sorted.

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

so try to change the option extensions.cardbook.firstRun to true, the first import wizard should be triggered

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.