Importing contacts changes REV date

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Importing contacts changes REV date

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,
      I’ve mentioned this before, but forgot about it for a while, but recently I was trying to tidy up my contacts and ran into the issue again.

I exported a copy of my contacts and edited them manually. My idea was to import them into a new address book, sync that with my server, and then reconnect all clients to the new address book, eventually deleting the old one.

However, when I import the contacts back into the new address book, the REV date is automatically updated to the current time. It seems to me that an import shouldn’t behave like this. An import doesn’t change the contact, so it should retain the original REV date. Also the same thing happens when copying contacts between Address Books.

I particularly notice this as I use the Date Modified field a lot for sorting contacts, so that I can archive off contacts which haven’t been used for a bit.

Anyway, I suggest that it might be useful to make the “Change Modification Date” optional, and selectable on a copy/import operation.

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

I think you’re right, import, paste, drop shouldn’t change the rev field… I will dig into this…

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster
      Participant

Brilliant. Seems to work! Moved a contact to a different address book, synced them both up to my Nextcloud server, and the contact moved without changing the REV date anywhere.
      As always, impressed by the speed of response.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.