[Solved] How to turn off photo in Edit Contact

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum [Solved] How to turn off photo in Edit Contact

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      billh
      Participant

When I edit a contact, the persons photo is showing on the Edit Contact page despite the fact that I have Preferences > Edition > Photo unticked.

I thought if an item in that list was unchecked, it was not supposed to display when editing a contact (at least that is what the description before the item list says).

Is there a way I can cause Cardbook to not display the contacts photo when editing a contact?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, I did a search and didn’t find anything.

Thanks,

Bill

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by billh.
      • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Chris. Reason: Title edited
      CardBook
      Keymaster

not yet possible…

but why don’t you want to see the picture in edition ?

billh
        Participant

OK… I misunderstood what that option means.  What does unticking that option do?

I have some contacts that have pictures that I would just as soon not have to see.  I would like to suppress them in the editor window as well as in the lower pane of the main window which shows the details when you select a contact in the list.

Thanks,

Bill

CardBook
      Keymaster

right click on the picture, then choose delete

no idea for the Thunderbird option

billh
        Participant

I didn’t realize I could just delete them.  Thanks for that.

I meant the Cardbook option Preferences > Edition > Photo  that I mentioned in my original posting.  It sounded from the description that unticking that option would cause it to not be displayed.

Bill

CardBook
      Keymaster

in Cardbook option Preferences > Edition, I don’t have a photo… may you send me a printscreen of this to cardbook.thunderbird (at) gmail.com ?

billh
        Participant

Now I feel like I am going crazy.  I could have sworn I had seen photo as an option there.  Now when I look it isn’t there.  I must really need to see an eye doctor or something.  😳

Thanks Philippe.

Bill

billh
        Participant

Oh… now I know what I did.

Apparently awhile ago I added a custom field called Photo and set it to X-GOOGLE0.  I can’ even remember why I did this.  That added Photo as an option in the editor.  Last night I unticked the Photo option hoping to suppress the photos, but it didn’t.  I then deleted the custom field, but that didn’t get rid of them either, but it did remove Photo from the list of fields in the editor.

Bill

CardBook
      Keymaster

OK understood now, thanks ! 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.