How to search for contacts within a distinct category

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum How to search for contacts within a distinct category

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JTree
      Participant

How can I search for contacts which belong to a certain category in the search box?

E.g. I want to search all contacts containing the string London and are in the category Customers. Typing London Customers in the search field doesn’t get any results.

I couldn’t find any information about finding contacts in the Wiki on GitLab.

Thanks!

CardBook
      Keymaster

you have to use a virtual address book : right click on your address book, then choose “New Address Book”, then choose the fourth option, then enter your criteria then save

JTree
      Participant

Thanks for the explanation! This seems like a lot of work, though. And it isn’t practical when I have to create a virtual addressbook for every category I want to query.

Why is the category of a contact not searched when using the search field? Every other field is search, even BDAY!

If it was a conscious decision to not search in CATEGORIES, I would like to have a special syntax to use in the search box, e.g. a character like # as a prefix, indicating that following text is search within CATEGORIES:

London #Customers

CardBook
      Keymaster

yes, you’re right. I’ve checked and the categories should be searched… may you send me an example of a wrong search ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.