How to filter non-junk using cardbook

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum How to filter non-junk using cardbook

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Labdoc
      Participant

There are 2 old threads (2017) asking how Cardbook can be used with the TBird spam filter rule ‘not spam if in address book’. Both threads are marked [Solved], although they are not solved.

As this is still a missing feature as far as I can tell, is there any work around or plan to add this functionality to allow CardBook to work with TBird junk filters?

CardBook
      Keymaster

1/ no plan for short term as I’m unable to achieve it

2/ work around : use filters

Labdoc
      Participant

Reviving this old topic. In TBird 91.02 and CB 70.9, this still appears to be the situation: Cardbook does not provide a way to exclude from junk, addressess that are in CB.

While I can build specific filters, I have a number of email accounts and it is a bit of a chore that could be avoided if CB had this feature.

CardBook
      Keymaster

this part is not accessible… the only thing I can do is automatically add the entry on filters…

Labdoc
      Participant

the only thing I can do is automatically add the entry on filters…

That could work. It is what the Account setting > Junk Setting > Trust Junk Mail Headers set by {SpamAssassin} or others does: automatically adds a Filter to the Account (in addition to turning on the label)

Cardbook is nearly there with the Filter creation dialogue that provides to create a filter using “Cardbook from” > “All Cardbook addressbooks”.

CardBook
      Keymaster

may you open a bug on Gitlab to remember this point ?

Labdoc
      Participant

Done

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.