How can I export/import a Cardbook contact's birthday into Lightning?

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum How can I export/import a Cardbook contact's birthday into Lightning?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar neolovich 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    ldexterldesign
    ldexterldesign
    Participant

Hi all,

Hope you’re well

Thanks for software

How can I export/import a Cardbook contact’s birthday into Lightning?

Hope to hear back

Yours faithfully

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

F9 (hamburger menu on the left in the CardBook toolbar), the Tools, then “add anniversaries to calendar (second line)

if this does not work, check in CardBook preferences, Anniversary tab, that one calendar is checked

ldexterldesign
    ldexterldesign
    Participant

Thanks for reply

Is there any documentation for calendar (i.e. lighting integration) because:

a) I don’t know what anniversaries are (they appear to be vcard events), and;
    b) I want to automatically import/export vcard brithdays[b] to calendar and unsure how I can do this without duplicating/transferring vcard birthdays to events

Hope to hear back

Cheers

b: BDAY:19511125
    e: NOTE:Event:foo:20190320

PS FYI I’ve checked “notify me of follow-up replies via email” when I post [here] but it’s not working – may want to test/fix

ldexterldesign
    ldexterldesign
    Participant

BUMP 2

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

oops sorry to be late… no documentation.. 🙁

I’ve not understood the issue : when exporting birthdays to Lightning, CardBook looks for the address books chosen in CardBook preferences, then looks the contacts BDAY (and ANNIVERSARY, DEATHDATE, BIRTHDATE for 4.0 vCards) field and look in the note for such records : Event:foo:20190320, then it add events into the calendars you have chosen in CardBook preferences…

ldexterldesign
      ldexterldesign
      Participant

Can you test and confirm this actually works because it’s completely broken for me along with sync?:

If it works for you then we can try trouble shoot

If it doesn’t work for you then I will create an issue

Yours hopefully

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

may you send me printscreens of the issue (cardbook @cardbook.icu)

neolovich
      Participant

Thanks for your work.

After a bit of trying, i found out, how to add the birthdays in that way, i prefer (without a reminder for example and as a date for the whole day so it is shown in a good visible color at the top of a day in the “Events view” at TB) and i have one question: Is there a automatic synchronization implemented?
      For example: I add a new contact with birthday (at the smartphones) or i add a birthday at a already existing contact, (and after synchronizing contacts) does it appears automatically in the calendar at TB?
      Such a function would be nice.
      I saw, that i could do it manually when i choose “Extras”, “List of birthdays (or something like that? i use it in german)” and there i could synchronize and after the synchronization it shows how many new birthdays are synchronized.

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

it’s possible to automatically add birthdays events but only at startup (look at CardBook preferences, last tab)

neolovich
      Participant

Oh yes, great. Thank you!

By the way: I didn’t get a notification via mail about your answer.

Or do mails get send only dailiy or weekly?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Avatar neolovich.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.