Help – accidently deleted contacts on the cloud

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Help – accidently deleted contacts on the cloud

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I accidently deleted all my contacts in my Google account.

I use Cardbook to sync my Google Contacts to Thunderbird.  I am on the most recent version of Cardbook and Thunderbird.  I disabled Cardbook as I was afraid it would delete all the entries from Cardbook when it synced to Google.

Is there a safe way to enable Cardbook and get my Cardbook contacts synced back to my Google Account?  If so, step by step instructions would be really appreciated.  If not, is there another way I might be able to recover my Google contacts?

Thanks,

Bill

Participant

Well… I feel kind of silly.  😳

I went out to my Google contacts online and looked in the Trash.  All the contacts were there.  I was able to recover them there and now I have them all back.  Should have looked there first.  I guess I was in a panic.

Thanks!

Bill

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

ok nice !

otherwise it was possible to recover your contacts  from CardBook. Steps :

1/ stop your internet connection

2/ start Thunderbird and reenable CardBook

3/ create a new local address book into CardBook

4/ copy all your contacts from the Google address book into this new local address book, once this is done, you’re safe

5/ reenable your internet connection and sync your Google address book, all your contacts should be removed

6/ copy the contacts from your local address book back to the Google address book, sync again and this should be OK

Participant

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will save this information just in case.  Good to know there is another way to get back my contacts.

Thanks!

Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.