Feature request: show lists as categories

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Feature request: show lists as categories

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,

At my workplace, I’m bound to using the Mac OS address book (and a Mac, obviously). The Problem is that it – as you probably already know – doesn’t support categories, so I need to use the lists the address book implements through custom fields.

It would be really helpfull to have an option to display those lists (that Cardbook recognizes properly) as categories so that working with them is as comfortable as working with categories. As you already have routines to convert lists to categories I hope it is not too complicated to convert them on the fly. Also I think this could be a major improvement not only for me.

Best regards

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

yes, this might be the solution for all of these sites that does not support categories (Google, Yahoo, Zimbra,…)… but this is a tricky thing : for the next six months I hope (for the moment I have to improve my UI, my vCard compliance and I should add the possibility to use a database)…

Participant

Yes, it should work as well for Android (CardDAV Sync). Please add as well on card detail information screen list of groups (lists), the person is member of. I synchronise my vCards via CardDAV Sync and gropups/lists are sync correctly.

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

I synchronise my vCards via CardDAV Sync and gropups/lists are sync correctly.

–> I haven’t understood this point… which which tool do you make this sync ?

Participant

Hi,

I have following configuration:

• CardBook as contact book client
      • Radicale (http://radicale.org) as contact server (the same PC)
      • CardDAV-Sync free on my Android 6.0.1 smartphone
      CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

Please add as well on card detail information screen list of groups (lists), the person is member of

–> for this point,  this is possible, go in CardBook preferences and in the second tab check the list tab

Participant

The List tab presents members of selected list. It’s fine. Let assume, Winnie the Pooh is member of list (group) Friends and Toys. I expect to click the Winie the Pooh row and see in the middle on the General tab something like (can be the last information):

Member of
      <p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Friends</p>
      <p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Toys</p>
      And on the edit screen, I expect the possibility to add edited person to a selected / new list (like you can add a selected / new category). This is the way I’m working by adding a new person. Otherwise I have to edit person details and then search the proper list(s), and edit this list. What is not convenient.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.