Edit contact creates a duplicate that does not sync

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Edit contact creates a duplicate that does not sync

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #3074
      pyhairpyhair
      Participant

      Hello,

      I have certain contacts that behave strangely in an address book connected to a remote CardDAV server.

      When I modify some field of a local contact (ex: last name) and save, instead of updating existing contact, a new contact is created. The new contact does not sync. The original neither.

      I can however crate new contact and edit others then sync without problem.

      When I edit the same problematic contact on iPhone (connected to the same CardDAV server), the modification sync correctly to the server and then back to my local TB / CardBook.

      I’m a developer, I can help debug, just tell me what info you need, samples, etc.

      So far I compared the original (that does not sync) and a copy, both exported to .vcf

      Differences are on:

      UID:urn:uuid:urn:uuid:6e8e092d-fe16-4759-a4a2-a74b1d1af114
      UID:98b62baf-e14d-4f48-8058-35c7d98113d7

      REV:20201002T155445Z
      REV:2020-11-10T21:17:26Z

      X-THUNDERBIRD-ETAG:”7dbf965b186bed2983deca41b0f764d4″
      X-THUNDERBIRD-ETAG:”1fcd27c59bbd52da8d8e3d754457f39b”

      Using:

      Cardbook  53.7
      Thunderbird 78.4.2
      Windows 10

      Regards

      Pyhair

    • #3075
      CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

      Hi

      Delete your CardBook address book and recreate it without the option use urn:uuid 😉

      this is a old thing I should remove…

    • #3076
      pyhairpyhair
      Participant

      Hi,

      Thank you. I’m pretty sure I didn’t select this option the first time as it is not selected by default, but I deleted the address book and created it again, just to be sure.

      The same contact was downloaded again from server, still with double urn:uuid:urn:uuid. Didn’t check the others.

      Problem not solved.

      So far, the only was I found to get rid of the urn:uuid:urn:uuid is to duplicate the contact.

      I exported all my 1587 contacts to .vcf files and searched them for urn:uuid. There are only 31 of them.

      So I duplicated the 31 faulty ones, deleted the original and voilà.

      Hopefully, I didn’t have to modify them all.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.