Displayed name/Organization data bug?

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Displayed name/Organization data bug?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by CardBook CardBook 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    topoldo
    topoldo
    Participant

Hi all.
    Presently I’m doing some  experiments with TB+Cardbook vs TB standard ABs + gContactSync.
    In particular I have an AB on GMail which I regularly sync with 3 different PCs all using TB 60.4.0 and gContactSync 3.0.0.
    On a 4th PC I installed TB with Cardbook and I imported from GMail the AB synced among Gmail and the other 3 PCs.

Then I started to play with cardbook and its records.
    I noticed that if in a record I move “name” in place of “Surname” or viceversa usig the arrows on the side of these fields, (see figure below, number 1), then data of the record concerning his/her organization (figure below, number 2) were also copied in the “Displayed name” box (figure below, number 3)

Image 1
    Even if I reset things to their original values and/or I remove Organizational data from the “Displayed name” field, when I perform a sync of the addressbook starting from the PC which uses cardbook, and then I sync this AB also in one of the PCs using gContacts, what I got is:

Img 3

ie the Organization field is filed with both Organization and Department data and the Department field is empty.

The same happens if I go and inspect the same record on GMail. Here you have the field Organization which is filled in with data coming from Organization AND Department:

Img 3

being the field Department empty. Mi Cardbook version is 33.4

Regards,
    Topoldo

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

Then I started to play with cardbook and its records.
    I noticed that if in a record I move “name” in place of “Surname” or viceversa usig the arrows on the side of these fields, (see figure below, number 1), then data of the record concerning his/her organization (figure below, number 2) were also copied in the “Displayed name” box (figure below, number 3)

–> normal behaviour, you may change the display name formula in Address book properties (right click on your CardBook address book, second line, last tab)

for the others point, Google CardDAV APIs is sometimes weird : they sometimes recompute the display name, the categories are lost… try in CardBook preferences, custom tab, to customize your orgnization field to see to fields (organization and department) in CardBook… you may also consider to use a free NextCloud instance (there are much on the web, personally I use this free one : https://ncloud.zaclys.com)… with Nextcloud, contacts are perfectly synced ;O)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.