[Solved] Default action for mail and address

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum [Solved] Default action for mail and address

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ChrisChris
      Keymaster

Currently, both the mail and the address fields perform default actions when clicking on them: a click on the mail launches a new email, while a click on the address launches the map program defined for this purpose in the settings.

The problem is that it is impossible to simply copy either the mail or the address, unless one changes to the Edit view, because the default action launches immediately. It would however be very nice to be able to copy these items (like the phone numbers, for example) without having to change to Edit first.

I am not sure how best to achieve this – my idea would be to get a prompt when clicking these items, where one could chose either “copy” or “launch the default action”. But maybe there are better ideas, and I would be happy to hear other opinions.

Cheers

Chris

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by ChrisChris. Reason: Problem solved
      CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

for copying, just right-click on the field and then choose “Copy entry”

ok ?

ChrisChris
      Keymaster

Cool – works this way!

Had never bothered to try a right-click – but this evidently solves my problem.

Many thanks!

Chris

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.