CPU usage increases and stays higher after a sync

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum CPU usage increases and stays higher after a sync

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  freedrive 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

freedrive
    Participant

I noticed some oddities, and monitored cpu usage. Thunderbird 60.2.1, cardbook 33.2. In each case, I ran top, and took 100 samples at 3 second intervals. Below are the averages of those 100 samples for 2 cases:

Start Thunderbird (without doing a cardbook sync): Average CPU usage over 5 minutes: 0.32%

Start Thunderbird, then sync cardbook, and wait 2 minutes: Average CPU usage over 5 minutes: 2.20%

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

what happens when you sync your emails or Lightning ?

freedrive
    Participant

Good question…

A few seconds after mail sync and calendar sync, CPU % quickly settles back down to 0.3% or so.

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

I think that’s because Lightning asks for the server ctag (ie the address book last modification id) as CardBook asks for all contacts etag (ie the contact last modification id)… CardBook’s request is much larger…

freedrive
    Participant

For one sample, I waited 5 or more minutes after the log reported the sync was completed. The results were the same.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.