Contact list in main window re-sorts – can this be changed?

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Contact list in main window re-sorts – can this be changed?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Roger_V Roger_V 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Roger_V
    Roger_V
    Participant

Greetings all, πŸ™‚

I’ve been deleting some contacts from the main window of Cardbook (that is, the window which has 3 panes: address books, contacts list, and contact details). I’ve sorted them by name, so I can try and keep note of where I got to in my “rationalising” of my contact collection.

I notice that every time I delete a contact, the list re-sorts and displays the top of the list once more, and I have to scroll down and find my place again. (It doesn’t seem to matter what column I have it sorted by, it still resets itself back to the initial view.)

I can get my contact culling done in other ways, but it would be nice if this unwanted behaviour could be temporarily turned off.

Or is there a setting I’ve missed?

Thanks in advance,

Roger V.

(Another happy Cardbook user.  😎 )

Chris
    Chris
    Keymaster

Same for me – I support this request πŸ™‚

Chris

Roger_V
    Roger_V
    Participant

I’m pleased that I’m not the only one with this request. πŸ™‚

Thanks for your support! 😎

(I noticed that you created this forum; thanks for your hard work with that, too.)

Roger V.

Christiann
    Participant

This is a very useful request. The solution would make maintaining large books a lot easier.

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

added to my todo (but this is not so easy)

Roger_V
    Roger_V
    Participant

Thanks for considering this mod Philippe, that’s much appreciated. πŸ˜€

Kind regards,

Roger V.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.