Communicate not enabled

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Communicate not enabled

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi there,

After the installation, I was shown a separate pane for each contact, from which I could also dial a telephone number (via our Starface telephone system or the Starface UCC client). This is no longer displayed.

When I right-click on a contact, the menu item “Connect…” (“communicate” in the English installation!?) is only shown in gray, ie inactive.

As I see from other topics, a menu “Communicate” or “Connect” with settings should also be shown in the CardBook settings. I don’t find such a menu item in the settings.

How can I tweak Cardbook so that I can dial phone numbers from it again?

Thunderbird 68.05.0 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Furthermore, Thunderbird always crashes completely as soon as I activate the addon “TBsync”. But that’s supposed to be a separate topic.

Thanks a lot!
      Sven

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by AvatarSvenK.
      CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

it’s in CardBook settings, communication pane, then click on tel radiobutton

Participant

Thank you!

For some reason the communicate pane in the German reason is labelled “IM Adressen”. It would be more logical to call it “Kommunikation” or “Messenger/Tel”.

I have entered following settings and it now sends telephone numbers to the Starface UCC Client app.

Telephone: code: tel / label: tel / protocol: url

URL zum Öffnen von Softphones
      URL: tel:$1

That’s it, at least for me.

Sven

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.