[Solved] Collected outgoing email addresses not syncing with server

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum [Solved] Collected outgoing email addresses not syncing with server

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      markr68
      Participant

I am collecting outgoing email addresses and giving them a category of Collected Addresses. All of the emails that have been collected are not syncing with the server. I upgraded to the new version 17.6 but it did not solve the problem.

I get the following message in the log file for every address in the Collected Addresses category. I changed some data for privacy reasons.

2017.03.07 08:35:26:513 : Mark & Lynne : Contact someaddress@aol.com failed to be created on server (url : https://my.server.com:8443/addressbooks/users/MarkLynne/addressbook/99999999-9999-9999-9999-999999999999.vcf, status : 403)

Any address I add manually works perfectly.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by CardBook.
      CardBook
      Keymaster

I think this is because the VERSION was missing in version 17.5 for these collected contacts… the contacts collected in version 17.6 should be synced ?

return42
      Participant

With CardBook 17.9 I tested collecting outgoing email addresses in category ‘unsorted’ … the new contact with field “CATEGORIES” is synced to the server.

The only thing I discovered: some CardDAV Clients (like MacOS’s Addressbook) does not show or use the “CATEGORIES” in any matter.

For me, with CardBook 17.9 everything works fine. If there is nothing new, I suggest to mark this thread with ‘solved’.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.