Cloud sync maintaining groupings

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Cloud sync maintaining groupings

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Brand new user here (transitioning from gContactSync).  I think that I must be missing something.

I have long had multiple TB ABs for different groupings (family, work, clubs, etc.).  I would like to sync these to the cloud via Google (my employer’s choice, not mine), and I want to maintain the groupings.  (gContactSync did this using Google labels.)

I don’t particularly care how the groupings are maintained, on either the TB or Google sides.

I see nothing in the CardBook documentation suggesting how this would be done.  As far as I can tell, a single Google account can only sync to one CardBook AB, so multiple synced address books won’t work.  I see that CardBook has “categories,” but once sync’d those seem to be invisible in the Google interface.

Is CardBook able to do what I’m trying for?

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

Hi

you may use categories in CardBook to group contacts but even if these categories are synced accross multiples Thunderbird instances, they are visible on Google contacts…

I’m currently working on integrating the sync of the Google labels which is a quite huge work… I hope for february to have a more valuable feedback on this

Participant

Thanks for the very quick response!  Based on the context, I’m guessing that you meant to type “they are invisible on Google contacts”?

Anyhow, it’s very helpful to me to get confirmation that categories are synced across Thunderbird instances!

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster

oh yes you’re right 😉

Participant

Hello,
      same for me here
      Me too has started using the add-on coming from gContactSync and have the same exact situation of James6M.

Hope you can add this feature soon

CardBookCardBook
      Keymaster
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.