changing default birthday reminder

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum changing default birthday reminder

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  muen 2 months ago.

• Author

muen
    Participant

Hello,

probably a stupid question, but how do i change the default birthday reminder time? As per default it is set to 1 week ahead of birthday. I want it rather be set to the midnight of birthday (0-hours ahead).

I tried to change the alarm time in preferences (i tried different values), but it makes no difference to calendar event – it is still 1 week ahead of the birthday.

Thanks in advance!

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

you mean the CardBook window displaying birthdays, right ?… if so, it’s in CardBook preferences, last tab, fourth line

muen
    Participant

No, i mean something different. CardBook creates new events with birthdays and saves them to calendar. Those events have default reminders set to 1 week ahead of birthday. What i want is to change this default value so that the birthday events created with different reminder (f.e. midnight of the birthday).

I tried to change the value in preferences, 13th line “Alarm(s) to n hours for calendar events (…)”. It changes the reminder for the new events, but not for those that were already created before.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  muen.
    CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

ah ok, in Lightning you have to delete your events, and then recreate them to have your new setting set

muen
    Participant

ok, thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.