Categories / Lists

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Categories / Lists

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      rcr11
      Participant

Hi there

I’ve been using cardbook for a couple months now and have been overall pleased with it. Unfortunately, there are a few hitches that bother me, some of them concerning lists / categories.

My set up (and possibly the root of the problem…!?) involves thunderbird/cardbook, connecting to an exchange 2013 server through davmail.

Categories:

As soon as I apply more than one category to a contact, the contact does not show up in those categories, but appears in a new category that links all the categories in one word, separated by /n

eg. instead of appearing in the 2 groups “group1” and “group2,” it only shows up in a new group (not created by me!) “group1/ngroup2”

Thus working with categories becomes impossible.

Lists

I have created a list and added contacts, but I can’t figure out how to write an email to the contacts on the lists. Choosing “send email” in the context menu does nothing…

Any help or advise is appreciated – I would really love to get this working reliably!

CardBook
      Keymaster

hi

Categories : have you got a test account on this server (seems davmail has a not correct CardDAV implementation) ?…

List : should work… try to send a message to “myList <myList>” in the “To” field

rcr11
      Participant

hi

Thanks for the reply. I don’t have a test account, so unfortunately I can’t do much experimenting and testing.

I am also still lost with lists. I wonder if I even created the lists properly – can you point me to some documentation to see how it is correctly implemented? I still cannot figure out to insert the list in the address field in a message, using your suggested format does not make icedove recognise the addresses.

CardBook
      Keymaster

sorry still no doc… always on the hedge :O) …

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.