Cardbook use with Junk rules

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Cardbook use with Junk rules

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      thwaller
      Participant

In Thunderbird -> Account Settings -> Junk Settings, there is a check box to set it to not automatically mark messages from senders that are in address books as listed in the box below. Is it possible to have this work with Cardbook address books? I am sorry if I am missing something, but I cannot seem to get Cardbook to integrate so well and/or work with the default address book in Thunderbird. I do have the autocomplete and collect cards items working, just trying to get the final touches if I can.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just was checking junk mail rules as TB was marking a lot of my mail junk and also found Cardbook was not listed as an address book.  Is this a limitation of your very good addon?

CardBook
      Keymaster

yes : I’ve already tried to make this work but without success… I don’t think this can be modified because the process runs in C++ libraries…

and for all saying the same process is also used in the Quick Filter Bar : for the moment these are the two things I haven’t succeeded to integrate…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by CardBook.
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the update. The reason I was looking at junk rules is my mail started to disappear yesterday. I finally found the missing mail in my junk mail folder. The setting to mark any mail moved to junk as read hid them from my notice.

It was in checking the junk rules was that I saw Cardbook was missing as an address book. Since I hadn’t really seen any use for TB’s junk mail I disabled most features of junk mail.

There must have be a change in TB for junk mail to get so aggressive. I check change log and if there was a change it was a “security fix”.

Oh well. I will take Cardbook over TB junk mail any day.

CardBook
      Keymaster

one solution might be to define filters for incoming emails…

thwaller
      Participant

Given this information, what I have done is to use gContactSync to one way load my Google contacts into the standard TB address book. This allows me to select Google as a local address book option. I still add my contacts via Cardbook and have it on 2 way sync. It is not ideal, but it works as gContactSync gets into the TB address book I just set it to sync manually only, or set it for a once per day sync to avoid excess load.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.