Cardbook show only white pages, but it works as Addressbook

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Cardbook show only white pages, but it works as Addressbook

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Rainer 2 months ago.

• Author
    Rainer
    Participant

Hello Phillippe,

I installed Cardbook and connect them with my Radicale CardDav server.

Cardbook syncs with out any problem. I see all my contacts in Cardbook and writing email with addresses ourt of the CardBook works fine.

After some days and reboots I see no more the Cardbook entries. If I switch to Cardbook I see only with frames. If I write an email the Cardbook presents me the addresses out of the remote CardDav server CardBook addressbook. So I can’t edit or insert an entry.

My System is Ubuntu 18.04, CardBook is 33.8.

Any idea or hint what happen.

Many thanks in advance and regards Rainer

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

restart Thunderbird, have you got errors in your Thunderbird console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) at startup ?

Rainer
    Participant

Hello,

I restart Thunderbird an look at the console. I See a lot of data. Almost data from syncing of lightning (calandar). I see no messages from CardBook. Changing the filter reduce the lightning sync messages. I take a screen shot.

If I do a right click an the lower left Icon (2 screens) in Thunderbird after restart. You can see in that screen shot, that my Cardbook addressbook (addr.vcf) has done an sync at Thunderbird start.

In addition i take a screen shot of Cardbook as it appears on my screen.

Ops! I see not how to insert images. I tried: Insert>Image, but I was not able to add my screen shots!! Any hints?? Our should I sent them via emal (address?)?

Hope this helps to give further hints.

Thanks in advance and regards Rainer

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

ok… you use a file on your PC, is the file still present ?

(don’t know how to add pictures 🙁 )

Rainer
    Participant

Hello,

I don’t understand “You use a file on Your PC”

I have a Radicale Server (CardDav) on my PC. on the Radicale Server I have too directories with files Calendar.ics and addr.vcf.

The addr.vcf is my CardDav addressbook, which exists and I synchronize them with ContactSyn to my tablet, smartphone and CardBook (every time I restart Thunderbird I seeing in the Thunderbird log console green Sync Icon with text: “addr.vcf is Synchronization finished”

addr.vcf is the name given in CardBook at customization the remote addressbook. And keep in mind it was working some day’s and after a restart the PC the CardBook Tab shows:

2 white column arreas and one gray

• the’re  no headers
    • left column is on with nothing in (no addressbooks)
    • middle column is empty, only in the upper right corner is an Icon for changing column layout.
      • If I click on it, bring the mouse over “Apply Columns too…” it shows me 4 addresbooks
        • Remote addr.vcf
        • Local Collected Addresses
        • Local Resonal Address Book
        • Local RYC
      • Those my CardBook addressbooks
    • right column upper left corner text: “GenaralMail Popularity Technical vCard

But still I can use my CardBook addressbook for writing emails. Start typing an address I see recommendation which contains the addressbook addr.vcf or RYC.

Hope this helps for further hints

Regards Rainer

Rainer
    Participant

Hello,

one moore info:

I take a right mouse click in the left column an a panel appears. The only not grayed point was “New Address Book”. All other was grayed, “synchronize address book” too.

May it helps regards Rainer

Rainer
    Participant

Hello,

I don’t belive it, this afternoon the Cardbook displays the Addressbooks again. I changed nothing as I known!!!!

What is the reason, that the CardBook tab is some times working and some time not?

Only missing is the small Info in the left upper corner where it is possible to switch to the properties. How to get back?

Thanks and regards Rainer

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

may you send me printscreens at cardbook@cardbook.icu ?

still no errors in console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) ?

Rainer
    Participant

Hello,

I see now errors in the Console.

I sent the sreen shots via email.

Regards Rainer

Rainer
    Participant

Hello,

sending of the email was returned with error:
    <pre class=”moz-quote-pre”>This message does
    not have authentication information or fails to pass 550-5.7.1
    authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the 550-5.7.1
    message has been blocked.
    In the meantime CardBook has displayed. Then after an restart CardBook shows only the blank columns. After an further restart CardBook displays the addressbooks again. Till now I see no reason why and wehn it work or not.

What can I do to send the screen shots via email? My sending email address was R.E.L@vodafone.de.

Regards Rainer

Rainer
    Participant

Hello Phillippe,

about 2 weeks ago I disabled all addons (as You recommented in the Email) and Cardbook was working without any problem.

So I will start to enable the addons time by time and will inform You about the results. It may take some time.

Regards Rainer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.