Cardbook (Italian version) little bug

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Cardbook (Italian version) little bug

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by topoldo topoldo 3 months ago.

• Author
    topoldo
    topoldo
    Participant

As I report in the image below:
    the string “Default Region” is not translated and it is in between two couples of questions marks.
    To the Italian translator(s): I suppose you can easily translate this string as “Paese predefinito”.

Regards,
    Topoldo

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

I have no news from my italian translator, si you have some times, here are the strings to translate (the strings to translate are enclosed between two “??”, there are not so much) :

G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :186: cardsConverted=??%1$S : contacts converted into %2$S : %3$S??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :187: cardsConvertedUndo=??VCards converted??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :188: cardsImportedFromFileUndo=??File %1$S imported??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :189: cardsImportedFromDirUndo=??Directory %1$S imported??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :190: undoActionDoneUndo=??Undo done (%1$S)??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :191: redoActionDoneUndo=??Redo done (%1$S)??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :194: outgoingEmailCollectedUndo=??Outgoing email collected??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :195: emailCollectedByFilterUndo=??Emails collected by filter??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :196: emailDeletedByFilterUndo=??Emails deleted by filter??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :197: cardsMergedUndo=??Contacts merged??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :198: cardsDuplicatedUndo=??Contacts duplicated??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :199: displayNameGenerated=??%1$S : contacts having their display names regenerated : %2$S??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :200: displayNameGeneratedUndo=??Display names regenerated??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :203: cardsDeleted2Undo=??Contacts deleted??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :204: cardsPastedUndo=??Contacts pasted??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :205: cardsDraggedUndo=??Contacts dragged??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :208: categorySelectedUndo=??Category %1$S selected??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :209: categoryUnselectedUndo=??Category %1$S unselected??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :210: categoryRenamedUndo=??Category %1$S renamed??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :213: categoryConvertedToListUndo=??Category %1$S converted to list??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :214: listConvertedToCategoryUndo=??List %1$S converted to category??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :215: linePastedUndo=??Line pasted??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :339: dateEntry1Wrong=??%1$S : Contact %2$S has a date field value (%3$S) that does not match the date format of the address book (%4$S)??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :340: dateEntry2Wrong=??Date field value (%1$S) does not match the date format of the address book (%2$S)??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :342: eventNameNull=??At least one event has an empty description??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\cardbook.properties :343: eventDateNull=??At least one event has an empty date??
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\wdw_cardbook.dtd :51: <!ENTITY cardbookToolbarBackButtonTooltip “??Go back one action??”>
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\wdw_cardbook.dtd :53: <!ENTITY cardbookToolbarForwardButtonTooltip “??Go forward one action??”>
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\wdw_cardbookConfiguration.dtd :113: <!ENTITY defaultRegionLabel “??Default Region:??”>
    G:\cardbook-33.5-tb\chrome\locale\it\wdw_cardbookConfiguration.dtd :115: <!ENTITY defaultRegionTooltip “??Default region for addresses and formatting phone numbers. ??”>

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by CardBook CardBook.
    topoldo
    topoldo
    Participant

Hi,

I can take in charge the translation but I need to know exactly what I can do. I mean, do have I to resend te strings in the message above translated into Italian removing the double couple of “??” ?

And please, consider that, at the moment, for the problems I explained in the previous threads, I do not use cardbook except for testing it.
    So my tests of the translation are limited.

Regards,

Topoldo

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

Hi Topoldo

may you resend me a link to your issues ?

for translations here there are : https://crowdin.com/project/cardbook/it#

topoldo
      topoldo
      Participant

You wrote:
      > For translations here there are:
      > https://crowdin.com/project/cardbook/it#

It seems 100% done, now. I really did no enter in the site (because I have not registereed myself yet), but however it seems 100% comparing with 91% of Greek, for example.
      I don’t know if taht 100%includes also the untranslated string with ?? before and aftre the untranslated string, however.

> may you resend me a link to your issues ?

They are not really issues.
      Anyway, the thread is this:

GContacts, Cardbook and custom fields sync

and what I need in particular is point 2, ie I need to split the  ORG field in order to manage it (as explained in that thread).

You answerd me that:
      “… for the ORG field, CardBook works the way defined by RFCs, but you’re right that it should be possible to add all the columns defined for the ORG field… I will try to add this possibility….”

So I’m waiting for this….  😉

Regards,

Topoldo

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

ok I will try to add this asap, thanks for the reminder

the italian translation is now complete :O)

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

it will be possible in next version ;O)

topoldo
    topoldo
    Participant

Keymaster wrote:
    > it will be possible in next version

Tnx!!!
    I’m waiting to test it as soon as I have time (quite busy in this period…)

Topoldo

topoldo
    topoldo
    Participant

Hi!
    I saw you released version 34.5. In the changelog you reported that one can split data for the ORG field.
    However I see that the content of the fields concerning Organization is still divided in only 2 fields, ie Department/Organization and Title.
    On the contrary TB standard AB is splitted into 3 fields, ie
    Title – Department – Organization.
    I did not find a way to split Department+Organization content unless I copy the content of one of the two fields in one of the customized fields.
    Unfortunately my 4 fileds are all used for other aims.
    Did I miss something?

Topoldo

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

open CardBook preferences, fifth tab (Custom fields), on the second part, you may define how the field org is structured

topoldo
    topoldo
    Participant

Ok!
    But still a problem. If I import a remote addressbook (Google AB), then ORG field(s) are separated by a semicolon (correct); ohe contrary if I impor a standar Thunderbird addressbook, the separantion is <space>-<space>.
    😕

Topoldo

CardBook
    CardBook
    Keymaster

how have you defined the organization in Thunderbird standard address books ?

topoldo
    topoldo
    Participant

You wrote.
    > how have you defined the organization in Thunderbird standard address books ?

I used the field “Department” to set the department name into different records and the field 2Organization” to set the loaction (floor) of the contact because there is no field where I can insert this data unless I use one of the 4 custom fields. Unfortunately in fact I have already used all of them for other reasons.

The strange thing is that this behaviour is present whatever is the format used to export (from another computer) the original TB addressbook  to import it into a TB standard AB of the computer wher I’m testing Cardbook as preliminary step for the conversion into Cardbook format.

In fact i tried with csv, ldif and also – adding MoreFunctionsForAddressbok extension – mab format.

Topoldo

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.