Cardbook does not sync Thunderbird local address book

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Cardbook does not sync Thunderbird local address book

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shmuel
      Participant

It seems that Cardbook does not sync Thunderbird’s address book. Meaning, if I edit a contact in Personal Address Book from within Cardbook, it does not change Thunderbird’s Personal Address Book, and when I open Thunderbird’s Address Book my edits aren’t there.

Also, when I click on the arrow next to Syncronize, it only lists my gmail account.

Does Cardbook have the ability to sync with Thunderbird’s address book?

jcinaz
      Participant

The whole purpose of CardBook is to do away with the Thunderbird Address Book because the format and number of available fields far exceed what the TB Address Book is capable of. You do NOT want to be using BOTH. One or the other. Choose.

Chris
      Keymaster

In fact, what is advisable here is to import your existing TB addressbook into a cardbook addressbook. You have this option when creating a new addressbook.

Then you sync your new addressbook with your server, and never look back to the TB (useless) addressbook.

Don’t hesitate to ask if you have further questions!

Chris

BaronVonScuba
      Participant

Hi all,

I do not use a server to save anything… I like using good old fashion backups of my important stuff .

Is there a way to save the Cardbook Contacts in a File System other than vcf so that i have ALL fields especially the NOTES field ?

Export only gives me vcf files and printing them works as a PDF but that will not allow me to import anything back into thunderbird

the Server option would work BUT how to I set that up using a local machine … as in my external harddrive(s)

Thanks so much

BVS

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.