bug with check box for always prefer display name over header

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum bug with check box for always prefer display name over header

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      David Werier
      Participant

For some of my contacts when I check the box “always prefer display name over header” and then close and reopen thunderbird the check box becomes unchecked.

Thanks for any help you can provide with this issue. Seems like a bug although interestingly it does not happen for all of my contact. That is I have plenty of contacts where the check box remains checked when I close and reopen thunderbird.

I am using windows 8.1. Cardbook ver 72.2 thunderbird 92.2.1 (32 bit)

Keymaster

has this contact an email address ?

David Werier
      Participant

Yes. Two email addresses.

Keymaster

are these email addresses shared with others contacts ?

David Werier
      Participant

I just checked and they are not.

Keymaster

send me an email at cardbook (at) cardbook.icu, next week I will send you a test version to sort that out

Patric
      Participant

Hi,

I just noticed the same problem with my CardBook contacts.
      My contacts are synchronized with Google (read only mode DISABLED).
      If you have any clue to fix that out or want any more information, please let me know.

TB 91.6.1
      CardBook 73.7

Regards,

Patric

Keymaster

Hi Patric

are you able to make a reproducible case ?

Patric
        Participant

Hi,

What do you call a reproducible case?
        I spent a long time yesterday evening to check this box for all of my  around 1500 for which it was not checked.
        When I closed and reopened TB, a lot of them were unchecked again.
        I made several tests on several of these contacts. Check, close, reopen. Sometimes it stays check, sometimes not. For a given contact I’ll have to do it several times before it stays checked. It seems random.

These contacts are synchronized with my Google contacts.
        If I check the box for a given contact and launch the synchronization, it stays checked. But after closing/reopening, it’s unchecked (or not… it depends…).

I also have a native TB address book synchronized from the same Google account with Google-4-TbSync. For the contacts where “always prefer display name over message header” is unchecked under CardBook, the same option is checked in this address book.

Some “unchecked” contacts still remain. So if you need me to do specific tests, please let me know.

Patric

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.