Address book not used as a source for contacts

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Address book not used as a source for contacts

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Eusebius
      Participant

Hi,

I’m using Thunderbird 78.1 on a Debian testing, with Cardbook 62.1. I have two Cardbook address books: a local one, originally imported from the local TB address book, and a CardDAV one, created as a remote address book in Cardbook (from a Sogo data source). The latter is intended to be my main (and ultimately only) source of contact data.

However, when I compose an e-mail, I see only contacts from the local address book (via Cardbook though). I would also like to see contacts from the CardDAV address book. If I disable (“désactiver”) the local address book in Cardbook, then I fall back to the TB address book and don’t get any info from any Cardbook address book.

Apart from one being a remote address book and the other being basically a clone of an existing TB address book, the settings on both address books are similar. Cardbook is set as the sole source of contact information (first checkbox in the settings).

I could swear that in the past (older versions of TB and/or CB) I was able to get contacts from both address books when composing a mail…

Any help would be appreciated.

CardBook
      Keymaster

hi

have you got any rules in CardBook preferences, General pane, for the mail account restrictions ?

Eusebius
      Participant

Hi, thanks for your reply.

No, nothing here, no rules.

CardBook
      Keymaster

may you send me (cardbook (at) cardbook.icu) printscreens :

1/ from your CardBook preferences, first pane

2/ from a test contact that is not proposed by the email autocompletion

Eusebius
      Participant

For information, @Cardbook helped me solve this issue but the initial cause is unclear. It worked again after reinstalling Cardbook.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.