“Add new addressbook” window pops up after sync to CardDav Server on Synology

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum “Add new addressbook” window pops up after sync to CardDav Server on Synology

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mr-blue-sky
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I have just installed Cardbook and think it’s a fabulous improvement on TB addressbook.
      However, after every sync with the server, the “add a new addressbook” window pops up.
      I have a Synology NAS with the Synology CardDav server running.
      I’m using TB 78.10.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

As far as I can tell, any edits made in Cardbook are updated to the server (shows in the relevant field & Last Updated field in Cardbook).
      I’ve not tried to make any edits in the server from any other source/app.

I had tried using TB Sync with Provider for CalDAV & CardDAV before trying Cardbook, and did not get any issues like this. I have disabled both TB Sync & Provider since adding Cardbook.

I think the look and feel of Cardbook is far superior, so thank you to Philippe V for Cardbook.

This issue is not a show stopper for me (so far), and it’s an annoying inconvenience, so it would be great to get it fixed.

I’d be grateful for any advice or things to try – I’m not a coder, but can follow instructions.

CardBook
      Keymaster

in CardBook preferences, sync pane, uncheck the discovery part (or add the proposed address book)

mr-blue-sky
      Participant

Perfect! Thank you for such a speedy response.

CardBook
      Keymaster

thank you too 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.